Ashley Madison - Page 5
Old 12-16-2009, 10:30 AM   #81 (permalink)
thinking Stephen Harper has got to go.

Senior Member
 
lonewolfpoet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Markham, Canada
Posts: 1,245
Representing:
Default

If you were ever a member of the Canadain Armed Forces you would realize how hurtful and ignorant those Red Eye commentators were. I never heard an apology.

When the democratically elected president of your country says something stupid, yes, it does reflect on your entire country.

When they keep doing the same things over and over again, yes it is a relection on your country as a whole.
lonewolfpoet is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 10:39 AM   #82 (permalink)
I believe in Masai

giant steps

 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,049
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolfpoet View Post
If you were ever a member of the Canadain Armed Forces you would realize how hurtful and ignorant those Red Eye commentators were. I never heard an apology.

When the democratically elected president of your country says something stupid, yes, it does reflect on your entire country.

When they keep doing the same things over and over again, yes it is a relection on your country as a whole.
dude, that was 3 guys on a talk show. they are idiots, yes, but that doesn't mean all americans are.

yes bush was disliked, but i'd hate to think all canadians are judged according to harper. and by that logic, shouldn't all americans now be judged by obama, not bush?

i have no idea what you mean by over and over again. californians are not texans, new yorkers are not cheese heads, my buddy that lives in new york is not an ignorant canada basher. how can you possibly suggest that all americans are alike? it's complete nonsense.
'trane is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 10:49 AM   #83 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,259
Representing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fancylad View Post
you must realize that Americans as a whole didn't say or think those things, just because a handful of people said them, no?

Just because some dudes do or say something stupid, it's not a reflection of an entire country.
Of course you can't say the whole country thinks that way but that way of thinking permiates through o good prtion of their society . It does here as well to a degree. But i don't care what you say, many Americans are very ignorant about the rest of the world (yes, as are Canadians), and are ignorant in many ways about their own country for that matter.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 10:55 AM   #84 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum


 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 14,623
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Of course you can't say the whole country thinks that way but that way of thinking permiates through o good prtion of their society . It does here as well to a degree. But i don't care what you say, many Americans are very ignorant about the rest of the world (yes, as are Canadians), and are ignorant in many ways about their own country for that matter.
who even cares about this?!

When did we start to discuss Americans' or Canadians' knowledge about the rest of the world?

Ashley Madison is bad.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 11:01 AM   #85 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,259
Representing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fancylad View Post
who even cares about this?!

When did we start to discuss Americans' or Canadians' knowledge about the rest of the world?

Ashley Madison is bad.
That was my first point. What does hatred or like for Americans have to do with this thread?
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 11:08 AM   #86 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum


 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 14,623
Representing:
Default

lonewolfpoet said he hated americans.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 11:10 AM   #87 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,259
Representing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fancylad View Post
lonewolfpoet said he hated americans.
I know he did, my first response to him though was...sure, but what does that have to do with this thread. Not only that Ashley Madison (what this thread is actually about) was founded in Canada.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 11:18 AM   #88 (permalink)
the fighter of the Nightman

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Cherry Bomb
 
Barracuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,962
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
I know he did, my first response to him though was...sure, but what does that have to do with this thread. Not only that Ashley Madison (what this thread is actually about) was founded in Canada.
Ooh, I didn't know that.

I wonder if there are more cheaters here than in the States.
Barracuda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 11:21 AM   #89 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,259
Representing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barracuda View Post
Ooh, I didn't know that.

I wonder if there are more cheaters here than in the States.
What does that have to do with what i was saying?
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 11:44 AM   #90 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,515
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barracuda View Post
Ooh, I didn't know that.

I wonder if there are more cheaters here than in the States.
More cheaters "per capita"? I assume that's what you mean since their population dwarfs ours.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 11:58 AM   #91 (permalink)
the fighter of the Nightman

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Cherry Bomb
 
Barracuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,962
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
What does that have to do with what i was saying?
Uhh... it didn't. Did it have to?

It was just a comment on the fact that the site was from Canada, and I didn't realize.
Barracuda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 12:05 PM   #92 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,259
Representing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barracuda View Post
Uhh... it didn't. Did it have to?

It was just a comment on the fact that the site was from Canada, and I didn't realize.
Oh, the only reason i was saying that it was founded in Canada was i didn't understand why someone was bashing Americans in this thread when the company we're duscussing isn't American.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 12:07 PM   #93 (permalink)
the fighter of the Nightman

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Cherry Bomb
 
Barracuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,962
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
More cheaters "per capita"? I assume that's what you mean since their population dwarfs ours.
Of course!

I'm just interested to know, really. Any country. Do they track these things?
Barracuda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 12:08 PM   #94 (permalink)
the fighter of the Nightman

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Cherry Bomb
 
Barracuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,962
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Oh, the only reason i was saying that it was founded in Canada was i didn't understand why someone was bashing Americans in this thread when the company we're duscussing isn't American.
Oh, I see. I'm not bashing anyone.
Barracuda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 03:34 PM   #95 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,515
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barracuda View Post
Of course!

I'm just interested to know, really. Any country. Do they track these things?
I'm tempted to believe that these kinds of things are more prevalent in the bigger cities (although I could be wrong).... so I'd expect the States to beat us handily....

A study of other countries would be interesting though... since there would be the cultural differences to take into account.... hmmm....
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 04:58 PM   #96 (permalink)
pensive

feat. Otto Neurath
 
Ligeia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,098
Representing:
Default

Lust in Translation: Which Country Has the Highest Rates of Infidelity? | Sex and Relationships | AlterNet

Closest I could find.
Ligeia is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 05:04 PM   #97 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,592
Representing:
Default

There's a niche, therefore a service.

It's commerce.

It's that simple. The Morality of it all is a moot point.
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 09:29 PM   #98 (permalink)
waiting for the Masai-a

on ihateus
 
Torontosaurus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Victoria, home of the Nash-ites
Posts: 3,882
Representing:
Default

Which country has the most cheaters? I don't think its possible to find out. The good cheaters don't get caught or put themselves in a position to get caught - like answering polls about cheating.
Torontosaurus is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 09:50 PM   #99 (permalink)
I believe in Masai

giant steps

 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,049
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
There's a niche, therefore a service.

It's commerce.

It's that simple. The Morality of it all is a moot point.
is it your opinion that commerce should be independent of morality?
'trane is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 09:55 PM   #100 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,515
Representing:
Default

Isn't that "the American Dream"?

Attain wealth by any means necessary. Forget morality. That's for the po' folk.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24