Another reason not to use Bell
Old 03-02-2011, 07:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
thinking Stephen Harper has got to go.

Senior Member
 
lonewolfpoet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Markham, Canada
Posts: 1,243
Representing:
Default Another reason not to use Bell

Couple's huge bills unexplained by Bell - Yahoo! News
lonewolfpoet is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 75,042
Representing:
Default

Bell is horrible. Didn't need this to know that. I've had my own issues with them in the past including being overcharged and their horrid customer service. Rogers is far from perfect but i've now been with them for about 10yrs and i would never go back to bell.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
is dead inside

you ain't bout that life
 
Gurk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,331
Representing:
Default

I have Bell Internet which I like 1000x better then the crap I had from Rogers although I had problems with Bell's TV for so long so my parents cut that and went with Rogers. :P
Gurk is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 10:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
#NorthernUprising

Next year...
 
js12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: T.O.
Posts: 5,535
Representing:
Default

Bell is disgustingly horrible at bills.

My parents were overcharged too.

It said we were about 6 GBs over the bandwidth limit. However, on the usage report we only used 60 GBs out of 65 GB.
js12 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 10:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
the fighter of the Nightman

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Cherry Bomb
 
Barracuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,962
Representing:
Default

Glad I went with Rogers.

Except for my cell... I'm stuck with em there. And they DO rack up weird charges. Damn.
Barracuda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 11:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum


 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 14,623
Representing:
Default

i have bell and i have never been overcharged, but i do somethings each time when i sit down to pay my bill. I READ IT and make sure everything is correct. It's one way not to get into such a stupid situation.

I think people need to get out of the habit of having bills automatically deducted from their visa or bank accounts or whatever.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 11:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 75,042
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancylad View Post
i have bell and i have never been overcharged, but i do somethings each time when i sit down to pay my bill. I READ IT and make sure everything is correct. It's one way not to get into such a stupid situation.

I think people need to get out of the habit of having bills automatically deducted from their visa or bank accounts or whatever.
I've never done that, but if one did do that wouldn't they get an invoice anyway with all their charges listed?
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 01:40 AM   #8 (permalink)
thinking Stephen Harper has got to go.

Senior Member
 
lonewolfpoet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Markham, Canada
Posts: 1,243
Representing:
Default

Call them and question them on any charges you think are suspicious or bogus because Bell sure in hell doesn't worry about it as long as you keep paying what they are charging you, right or wrong.
lonewolfpoet is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:14 AM   #9 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum


 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 14,623
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
I've never done that, but if one did do that wouldn't they get an invoice anyway with all their charges listed?
sure, but at the same time people need to know what they should be paying. my monthly bill is around $140. If i got a bill for $1000 i would not pay it. simple as that.

and furthermore i would bombard the shit out of Bell with emails and calls taking reference numbers and what have you. I would insist to speak with higher ranking personnel and I may even attempt to contact the CEO directly (this may seem funny, but my father in law managed to connect with the CEO of scotiabank regarding a botched job by a bank teller at his local branch). Not only would i not pay the $1000 bill, i feel confident that in the end i will end up getting some service free as an appology from them.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:35 AM   #10 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 75,042
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancylad View Post
sure, but at the same time people need to know what they should be paying. my monthly bill is around $140. If i got a bill for $1000 i would not pay it. simple as that.

and furthermore i would bombard the shit out of Bell with emails and calls taking reference numbers and what have you. I would insist to speak with higher ranking personnel and I may even attempt to contact the CEO directly (this may seem funny, but my father in law managed to connect with the CEO of scotiabank regarding a botched job by a bank teller at his local branch). Not only would i not pay the $1000 bill, i feel confident that in the end i will end up getting some service free as an appology from them.
Well, maybe things have changed but when i was with them 10yrs ago i was overcharged and i complained to anyone that would listen and talked to management, head office and they wouldn't budge. The only thing they did do for me was waive the fee for ending a Cell phone contract early, when i went over to Rogers.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:05 PM   #11 (permalink)
#NorthernUprising

Next year...
 
js12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: T.O.
Posts: 5,535
Representing:
Default

Has anyone tried calling a provider to threaten to switch service companies?

My friend did that with his cellphone plan, and actually got a good discount.
js12 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 03:41 AM   #12 (permalink)
is all bout dat life

Can't knock the Hustle
 
Nites's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 14,432
Representing:
Default

I've been with Bell for 3 years. So far I've only been over charged once. However, they credited $40 towards my balance to make up for it. I renewed my contract with them 2 months ago and signed up for another 2 years.
Nites is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24