Alimony - Page 12
Old 08-23-2010, 11:03 PM   #221 (permalink)
waiting for the sun to come out so he can let his guns out.

Jamario Moon!
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Electric Avenue
Posts: 15,340
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belsius View Post
you were abandoned in the altar werent you?
It all makes sense now!

BTW How do you think Cory's coming along with that cabin he's building?
Dark Knight is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 08:54 AM   #222 (permalink)
Taz
playing catch-up.

Back in the game.
 
Taz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 1,709
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belsius View Post
you were abandoned in the altar werent you?
Or dumped by every single woman that he has known because of his lack of respect. Really, what lady wouldn't want to date a prince like Cory?
Taz is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 09:33 AM   #223 (permalink)
Truth

Member
 
Cory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 257
Representing:
Default

My life is simply a work of art, where my non attachment to any female manifests as a sage-like indifference to sensuality and a profound love of reason. My self, and all humankind, with all it's conquests, love, knowledge and wisdom will one day be extinguished. We are all doomed. Until then, I am merely a mountain climber. Why do I climb? Because it's there.
Cory is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 09:40 AM   #224 (permalink)
on the outside, looking in.

giant steps

 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,304
Representing:
Default

why would anyone limit themselves to reason alone? it's a useful tool, undoubtedly, but most certainly not the only useful way to think.
'trane is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 09:53 AM   #225 (permalink)
a paranoid android

My name is Iņigo Montoya

 
Belsius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 10,544
Representing:
Default

Quote:
In the present age, I'm not sure what the figures are - but things are definitely out of whack. Women are proud to assert their self sufficiency and independence, so this new kind of logic partly undermines how long term contracts were traditionally approached. [b]I think the bride's side of the family still pays a lot in many causes, because daddy wants to treat her precious daughter with something special, but I'm sure there are more and more instances where the man, in a misguidedly chivalrous spirit, tries to prove his love to his fiancee by listening to her dreams of a beautiful wedding, and contributing to the budget, spending extravagantly to please her. She may point to different things in different catalogs in that charming child like way, and once she starts to learn that he will satisfy her whims (to some degree), both of them have run up problematic debt financing the wedding. If the man's pockets were deeper, he took most of the hit. And since he was so chivalrous with providing an expensive wedding (being a beta pushover) the relationship likely will not last long. She might leave him, or cheat, and then guess what? You just spend 10-20k (not counting the ring she picked out!) on a woman who dumped you. ouch.

Tough way to learn.
Im going to quote this again. Dude, you cant try to sound as fancy as you want, the truth is that after reading what you write, you dont need to be a (psicotrist?) to realize that you have a deep hate for women because of a traumatic experience of the past. Maybe your mother hit you, maybe girls laughed at you in school, maybe your dick is small and every girlfriend you have had has laughed at you. Its sad really.

Women are awesome, I dont want to ever get married or have kids but they make life very fun and interesting. I usually try to see the point on every side of an argument but I dont respect anything of what you say because is all based on hatred, not rationality as you so proudly try to convince yourself. And above all and most importantly you are simply a big douche.
Belsius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 09:55 AM   #226 (permalink)
Truth

Member
 
Cory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 257
Representing:
Default

Quote:
trane: why would anyone limit themselves to reason alone? it's a useful tool, undoubtedly, but most certainly not the only useful way to think.
Intuition and feelings can't be escaped, they are almost always present. Let them flow in you but not without reason acting as the gate keeper, choosing what becomes permanent and what must be exiled. I like sports and music because my passions can come to life in something purely abstract, nothing of that nature of course being permitted to enter my soul to live. Like my regard for women, I don't allow any strong allegiances between myself and favorite teams, players, bands, composers, they are all straw dummies. The enjoyment is there in the moment, and with reason, easily forgotten. Only God is sacred.
Cory is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 10:00 AM   #227 (permalink)
Truth

Member
 
Cory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 257
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belsius View Post
Im going to quote this again. Dude, you cant try to sound as fancy as you want, the truth is that after reading what you write, you dont need to be a (psicotrist?) to realize that you have a deep hate for women because of a traumatic experience of the past. Maybe your mother hit you, maybe girls laughed at you in school, maybe your dick is small and every girlfriend you have had has laughed at you. Its sad really.

Women are awesome, I dont want to ever get married or have kids but they make life very fun and interesting. I usually try to see the point on every side of an argument but I dont respect anything of what you say because is all based on hatred, not rationality as you so proudly try to convince yourself. And above all and most importantly you are simply a big douche.
Cory is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 10:03 AM   #228 (permalink)
a paranoid android

My name is Iņigo Montoya

 
Belsius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 10,544
Representing:
Default

you do have a point, doesnt change the fact that you are a douche though
Belsius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 10:09 AM   #229 (permalink)
Truth

Member
 
Cory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 257
Representing:
Default

Humanity is kind of like a big dirty vagina though, so I guess me being a douche makes sense. I'm here to cleanse humanity so it is worthy of God's penetration.
Cory is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 10:10 AM   #230 (permalink)
on the outside, looking in.

giant steps

 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,304
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
Intuition and feelings can't be escaped, they are almost always present. Let them flow in you but not without reason acting as the gate keeper, choosing what becomes permanent and what must be exiled. I like sports and music because my passions can come to life in something purely abstract, nothing of that nature of course being permitted to enter my soul to live. Like my regard for women, I don't allow any strong allegiances between myself and favorite teams, players, bands, composers, they are all straw dummies. The enjoyment is there in the moment, and with reason, easily forgotten. Only God is sacred.
as long as reason is the gatekeeper to your emotions, you remain a slave to logic. and the chief problem with being a slave to logic is that you will inevitably make mistakes. you won't be able to apply logic properly at all times. you are fallible. and in the end, you become a slave to your mistaken gatekeeping, swallowing your emotional response and stuffing it in the trash because of some faulty application of reason. where is the enjoyment in that?

and god is not sacred. he doesn't exist. surely your reason can tell you that.
'trane is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 10:14 AM   #231 (permalink)
on the outside, looking in.

giant steps

 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,304
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
Humanity is kind of like a big dirty vagina though, so I guess me being a douche makes sense. I'm here to cleanse humanity so it is worthy of God's penetration.
a douche destroys the natural ecology of a vulva and vagina, making it temporarily sanitized, but in the long run subject to an acidic imbalance. the natural order of things is for physiology to take care of itself.

perhaps god is the vulva and envelopes rather than penetrates. then you would be douching god, no? of course this is in theory only, as god does not exist.
'trane is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 10:30 AM   #232 (permalink)
Truth

Member
 
Cory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 257
Representing:
Default

Joking about the douche, bud. Trying to be light hearted here with poor Belsius, who is apparently looking to draw some blood, but to no avail. The wise have no place for a sword to enter. Truth be told, I do not actually envision myself as a cosmic douche here to cleanse the vag of humanity to prepare for God penetration. Humanity is actually part of God, or a face of it, all things an expression of God, no thing more holy or sacred than any other. All things have the same infinitely pure essence.

My God is the totality of nature, infinitely dumb, blind, formless, yet infinite, forgiving, creative and eternal.
Cory is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 10:34 AM   #233 (permalink)
Truth

Member
 
Cory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 257
Representing:
Default

Quote:
'Trane:

as long as reason is the gatekeeper to your emotions, you remain a slave to logic. and the chief problem with being a slave to logic is that you will inevitably make mistakes. you won't be able to apply logic properly at all times. you are fallible. and in the end, you become a slave to your mistaken gatekeeping, swallowing your emotional response and stuffing it in the trash because of some faulty application of reason. where is the enjoyment in that?
You have a caricatured view of logic that does not correspond to my own. I do not become a slave to logic, because when logic is taken to the extreme, it swallows it's own tail, or better, logic is like fire that destroys everything including the fuel it sustains itself on, eating itself up into it's own downfall. I become the totality of nature, where object and subject disappear. I am infinite, formless, lacking nothing, beyond reason. I find peace (Nirvana) by dwelling in God.

Last edited by Cory; 08-24-2010 at 10:36 AM.
Cory is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 10:48 AM   #234 (permalink)
on the outside, looking in.

giant steps

 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,304
Representing:
Default

aquinas reborn! yay! let's take philosophy back 800 years! beauty!
'trane is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 10:48 AM   #235 (permalink)
Canada b-ball, 2020 Olympic Gold Medalists

The Mara sisters are hot!
 
Bill Haverchuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,583
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'trane View Post
why would anyone limit themselves to reason alone? it's a useful tool, undoubtedly, but most certainly not the only useful way to think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
Intuition and feelings can't be escaped, they are almost always present. Let them flow in you but not without reason acting as the gate keeper, choosing what becomes permanent and what must be exiled. I like sports and music because my passions can come to life in something purely abstract, nothing of that nature of course being permitted to enter my soul to live. Like my regard for women, I don't allow any strong allegiances between myself and favorite teams, players, bands, composers, they are all straw dummies. The enjoyment is there in the moment, and with reason, easily forgotten. Only God is sacred.
Cory, it's not just a matter of being unable to escape emotions, but a matter of needing them in order to make good decisions. The human brain is a very poorly constructed piece of machinery, if we're going to go with the computer analogy. The emotional brain serves vital functions. 'trane said useful. He didn't say just enjoyable. Emotions are actually very useful in certain scenarios. Try asking a person with a damaged orbitofrontal cortex to make a basic decision involving a matter of preference. You better clear your afternoon, 'cause it's going to take a while. There are numerous practical, everyday human decisions that draw upon emotion in order to save time and avoid harm, depending on the context.
Bill Haverchuck is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 10:49 AM   #236 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 69,610
Representing:
Default

This thread is a little depressing.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 11:00 AM   #237 (permalink)
Truth

Member
 
Cory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 257
Representing:
Default

Again, there is so much to say and so much depth to explore, but I really don't know if this is the right forum for it. Are you sure you guys want to discuss this further? Shouldn't we prevent certain members from entering the thread out of sheer sympathy for them? I really don't know if discussing these things right here right now is the best thing to do. Certain things once seen cannot easily be unseen.
Cory is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 11:04 AM   #238 (permalink)
on the outside, looking in.

giant steps

 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,304
Representing:
Default

you really are an arrogant dude, eh cory? should we be joining you at agnosticforums? or maybe one of your other haunts where all the smart people go?
'trane is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 11:12 AM   #239 (permalink)
Truth

Member
 
Cory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 257
Representing:
Default

Why can't you laugh and relax at my self aggrandizement? Whenever someone claims the thread is depressing I start acting a clown to lighten the mood. Do you really think I'm serious? I'm trying to give you guys a laugh.
Cory is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 11:39 AM   #240 (permalink)
on the outside, looking in.

giant steps

 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,304
Representing:
Default

i've been laughing all along, but perhaps not in the way you intended.

when someone comes and spews hatred towards women, i find it hard to laugh at the comedy he throws in between. and when he continues by mocking posters and acting like a self-proclaimed genius, the comdey fails in the 'laughing with' and is replaced by the 'laughing at'.
'trane is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24