A Toast To Benzo & Lang
Old 07-08-2008, 01:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator
 
Dr. J. Naismith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Almonte
Posts: 10,245
Representing:
Exclamation A Toast To Benzo & Lang

Two of our finest Benzo (July 11th) and lang (July 19th) are getting themselves reading to enter a new stage of their lives with marriage within the next week. So, I'd like to take this opportunity to wish them both good luck and happiness as they enter the next chapter.

Early in your marriage you will find it difficult to get the last word in any discussion. With time, though, you will learn how to always get the last two words in every discussion just make sure the words are "Yes dear".

To Benzo and Lang. Cheers
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 02:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member, Eh?
 
Major's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,604
Representing:
Default

Best of luck both of you in the future!!

May you two live long, happy lives with your loved ones and start a new journey of life!!

Cheers!
Major is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 02:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
a paranoid android

My name is Iņigo Montoya

 
Belsius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 10,546
Representing:
Default

Congrats again biatches.
Belsius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 02:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Masai Ujiri

Senior Member
 
Kirby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,799
Representing:
Default

May I be your best man?
Kirby is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 02:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
BOOBS

never too old.


 
INSIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: richmond hill
Posts: 11,553
Representing:
Default

one snatch for the rest of your lives...
congrats!
INSIDER is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 03:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
I believe in Masai!

giant steps

 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,684
Representing:
Default



cheers boys. if you've been living with your better halves for a couple of years you won't notice a difference after getting married. It's the same situation, only you get better breaks on your tax return.

to insider - it may be one snatch and one snatch only, but if that's your favourite snatch, then you've locked it up forever. quality long terms deals beat the hell out of trying to get by a whole string of 10-days...
'trane is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 03:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
BOOBS

never too old.


 
INSIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: richmond hill
Posts: 11,553
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'trane View Post
to insider - it may be one snatch and one snatch only, but if that's your favourite snatch, then you've locked it up forever. quality long terms deals beat the hell out of trying to get by a whole string of 10-days...
yup, i hope you guys' have some freaky chicks!
then its worth it....
ughh i dunno.
congrats though boys!
i've heard married life is fun.
INSIDER is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 05:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum


 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 14,623
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. J. Naismith View Post

Early in your marriage you will find it difficult to get the last word in any discussion. With time, though, you will learn how to always get the last two words in every discussion just make sure the words are "Yes dear".
Bullocks.

You gotta lay down the law early.

Like as soon as you get home from the reception, make sure she knows the pecking order. Physical intimidation should be sufficient. you'll see - the dishes will wash themselves.
(joking!)

Have a great wedding (both of you). Don't be too nervous and drink lots at your reception. May you both enjoy it!
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 05:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator
 
Dr. J. Naismith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Almonte
Posts: 10,245
Representing:
Default

I did the toast a little early because I'll be away tomorow afternoon till Friday, so I wouldn't have a chance to wish Benzo well. Killed two birds with one stone and added Lang's news as well eventhough lang's still got over another week of freedom.
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 05:15 PM   #10 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 75,887
Representing:
Better them than me. Congradulations guys.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 05:17 PM   #11 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 75,887
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by INSIDER View Post
yup, i hope you guys' have some freaky chicks!
then its worth it....
ughh i dunno.
congrats though boys!
i've heard married life is fun.

Fun? Since when? LOL
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 05:50 PM   #12 (permalink)
I believe in Masai!

giant steps

 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,684
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Fun? Since when? LOL
find yourself the right woman jeff and you won't believe how much fun you can have. once you get to know someone at that level the best stuff really begins...
'trane is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 06:08 PM   #13 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

RF Affiliate
 
Adequate Swag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 513
Representing:
Default

I know I'm new here and all...but a hearty congrats to both of you.

Hopefully the old ball and chain doesn't lower the posting frequency fellas!
Adequate Swag is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 06:12 PM   #14 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 75,887
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'trane View Post
find yourself the right woman jeff and you won't believe how much fun you can have. once you get to know someone at that level the best stuff really begins...
To be honest i'm in the best relationship i've ever been in and have been with her for 2 years and still have no intention on ever getting married.It's nothing but a piece of paper that generally changes most relationships.At least that's what the evidence shows (divorce rate is 60%).IMO unless you want Kids there is no reason to get married.I wish anyone who gets married all the luck in world but it's not for me.And i'm just glad that i found someone who feels the same way. Marriage is not easy on a good day.

Last edited by jeffb; 07-08-2008 at 06:15 PM.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 06:26 PM   #15 (permalink)
I believe in Masai!

giant steps

 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,684
Representing:
Default

to each his own, no doubt, but to be truthful marriage is very easy on a good day and it's a hell of a lot more than a piece of paper. the divorce rate may be 60%, but what's the breakup rate without marriage??? people love to bring up that stat, but it's meaningless. sure, some people shouldn't be married, but the institution is just fine for many of us.

kids or not, i'm locked in with my wife and partner of 10 years and I couldn't be happier. we both made a lifetime committment, which is what marriage really is to me, and that's what matters. i'm all in, and i wouldn't have it any other way.
'trane is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 06:33 PM   #16 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 75,887
Representing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'trane View Post
to each his own, no doubt, but to be truthful marriage is very easy on a good day and it's a hell of a lot more than a piece of paper. the divorce rate may be 60%, but what's the breakup rate without marriage??? people love to bring up that stat, but it's meaningless. sure, some people shouldn't be married, but the institution is just fine for many of us.

kids or not, i'm locked in with my wife and partner of 10 years and I couldn't be happier. we both made a lifetime committment, which is what marriage really is to me, and that's what matters. i'm all in, and i wouldn't have it any other way.
Good for you. I just don't think that i need to be married to make a lifetime commitment. More and more people i meet say they don't want to get married or have kids.The thing is if marriage is for you than great. I have nothing against marriage all together it's just not for me. Maybe because everyone one i know that got married has gotten hurt or ends up unhappy in some way.I've seen alot of happy couples get married and things change and others get married that think it's the thing they need to do.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 06:39 PM   #17 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Captain Ding Dong
 
Aar_Canada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St.Catharines
Posts: 4,924
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
To be honest i'm in the best relationship i've ever been in and have been with her for 2 years and still have no intention on ever getting married.It's nothing but a piece of paper that generally changes most relationships.At least that's what the evidence shows (divorce rate is 60%).IMO unless you want Kids there is no reason to get married.I wish anyone who gets married all the luck in world but it's not for me.And i'm just glad that i found someone who feels the same way. Marriage is not easy on a good day.

I hear ya. My girlfriend used to feel the same way until about a year ago when she started bugging me to get married. We've been together for 11 years, and besides not seeing the point, I've made it my mission to actually follow through with not getting married because I want to be one of the few people who, despite the pressure, stays the course. We have a 5 month old boy now and my girlfriend mentions marriage every minute of everyday. I'm staying strong though.
Aar_Canada is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 07:41 PM   #18 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Barney's revenge 08-09
 
IggyPosterizes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: North Hollywood
Posts: 363
Representing:
Default

May your first child be a masculine child.
IggyPosterizes is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 02:16 AM   #19 (permalink)
waiting for the Masai-a

on ihateus
 
Torontosaurus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Victoria, home of the Nash-ites
Posts: 3,690
Representing:
Default

Congrats guys - Welcome to the club

Just don't let this happen to you ->
Torontosaurus is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 02:21 AM   #20 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Captain Ding Dong
 
Aar_Canada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St.Catharines
Posts: 4,924
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IggyPosterizes View Post
May your first child be a masculine child.
I thought you were sleeping with the fishes.
Aar_Canada is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24