Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Raps/Wolves Post Game - Timberrrrr!!!
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2008, 10:02 AM   #4 (permalink)
LX
with pink peppercorns

In the Paint

Representing:

I too caught a bit of AG.

I think they just got caught unfocused and unprepared against the Clips. Too much time in the sun in Miami and so many days off, although I'll take the loss and hope they got the most from the mental break. Against LA, they probably prepared more for Tim Thomas than Al Thornton, and just didn't have the focus to adjust. Inexcusable to a point, but it's not like this team goes into a full tailspin as a result of such things. In fact they usually do just the opposite - like they did last night. Bosh guarded Jefferson the way he should've guarded Thornton. The lesson might have been learnt best by him.

I thought Ford was learning to be more effective all through last season, but yeah any time he sits for extended periods, including last season, he does seem to make the most of it. I'm not sure if he did anything to bring down the turnovers - he already had very good numbers in that regard, as much as people like to rant about him being out of control. But the time spent with John Lucas - another set of eyes that he trusts - helped for sure.

My favorite part of the game - Jack referring to certain YMCA players who always look for the calls as "Sammy Sweatsocks". I don't know why, but I love that. If only I could spend a week hanging out in NY with Armstrong.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote