Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Sam can do without wicked West
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2008, 10:51 AM   #1 (permalink)
Dr. J. Naismith
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator

Representing:
Default Sam can do without wicked West

Sam on his thoughts regarding the even stronger Western Conference.

Anyhow, what my question is ... does anyone from the East outside of Boston & Detroit stand a chance come play-off time against any of the Western powerhouses?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Feschuck
Sam Mitchell, slumped in a chair and groaning in mock pain yesterday, was lamenting his lot. The flu, if that's what had been gripping him for most of a week, had now moved on from clogging his nose and pinching his throat to ravaging his back, which was suddenly aching.

Still, he nodded in agreement when he was reminded that it could be worse that he could be wishing he could call in sick on the hard side of the NBA's incredible continental divide.

"Phoenix is tough ... the Lakers now are nine deep ... and not even talking about how good New Orleans have been this year, or how good Dallas has been. Those four teams right there I look at the West and I'm like ..."

He didn't finish the sentence. But what he meant to say was he's, like, happy he's coaching in the East

"Yes sir," Mitchell said. "Yes, I am ..."

The East, indeed, is a veritable land of opportunity for fledgling hoop clubs. As of yesterday, a sub-.500 record was good enough to get you the seventh and eighth playoff spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Feschuck
Mitchell continued taking an inventory of the crueller conference, realizing he'd left the San Antonio Spurs out of his top four.

"Excuse me. I need my mouth to be washed out with soap not talking about the defending world champions," he said. "That's what I'm saying ... I can't remember when it was five or six teams in one conference that were just loaded. Man, that's scary."
Link - Click here
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote