Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - WORLD CUP 2014
Thread: WORLD CUP 2014
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2014, 11:04 AM   #167 (permalink)
Rene_13
is pounding the rock!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjjs View Post
I'm not a fan of the embellishment either, but I don't think he's as bad as most people make him out to be. He's just consistently getting in the box and forcing lazy late tackles. He's not quite as dramatic with his embellishments as some other people.
I watch a lot of club soccer, along with international soccer and I can say Robben is pretty close to Ronaldo and Messi. He's not at the same level as a playmaker as Messi is, or puts in as many goals as Ronaldo/Messi do. But he's lightening fast, wins lots of penalties, rarely loses the ball, and can score a goal seemingly out of nothing. With Bayern Munich, he's won practically everything. He goes down pretty easily, but he also gets hit a lot because players simply can't catch him. His only knock is that at times, mentally, he fades out of games. He also has missed some really important penalties, Champions League Final in extra time when Bayern went onto lose to Chelsea later on penalties, and in the German Cup final when they lost to Dortmund. But if he's on his game and running directly at a defender he's incredibly hard to stop. His left foot is immense and everyone knows he's going to it, but can't stop it. He's such a talent, and people downplay him because of some of the questions about him going down easily and some of his antics, not tracking back to defend, etc.
Rene_13 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key