Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Lowry wants to play for a contender
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2014, 01:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
jeffb
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Representing:
Raptors Lowry wants to play for a contender

Quote:
At 28 years old, Kyle Lowry wants to compete for a championship. He has only been to the postseason twice in his eight-year NBA career and while he enjoyed both experiences, he is at the point where he wants to contend for a title and simply making the playoffs isn’t good enough.

As Lowry enters unrestricted free agency next week, that’s one of the main factors that he’ll consider as he weighs his options. Lowry wants to hoist the Larry O’Brien trophy in the near future, and this summer he could put himself in position to do that.

“I think the right situation is somewhere I’m winning and being happy, and honestly I want to play for a championship,” Lowry told Basketball Insiders. “I’m happy with making the playoffs and doing that, but the end game for all players should be a championship and that’s what I want to play for. I want to play for a championship.”
Quote:
While Lowry will certainly meet with teams and weigh all of his options this offseason, a return to the Raptors is still a possibility as well. Toronto is coming off of an incredible 48-win season in which they finished as the third seed in the Eastern Conference.

“It was fun,” Lowry said of Toronto’s successful season. “I think it was one of those things where we expected it internally, but no one on the outside expected it. Internally, though, we expected to do something special and we said it from day one. For it to come true and to go the way it went, yeah it was fantastic and it was a joy to be a part of.”

When Lowry looks at the Raptors’ roster, he gets optimistic and thinks that the best is yet to come. If he were to re-sign with Toronto and the team returned as currently assembled, he believes the future could be bright. When asked how good the Raptors can be, Lowry doesn’t hesitate.

“Honestly, I’ve thought about it and I think the answer is very good,” Lowry said. “We have a lot of very good young pieces. It all starts with DeMar [DeRozan], and I think Jonas [Valanciunas] and Terrence [Ross] could be really good. I think that the team as a whole could be really good. Last year was a great year; we had a bunch of guys who just wanted to go out there and win games. Everyone was very unselfish and knew what was at stake and wanted to be a good team. I think the team is very talented. I think it’s very good upside for the Raptors.”
Free Agent Kyle Lowry Seeks Championship | Basketball Insiders | NBA Rumors And Basketball News

Last edited by jeffb; 06-25-2014 at 02:20 PM.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote