Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Guitar/Bass Gear Appreciation Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2014, 11:04 AM   #871 (permalink)
box92
Follow @raptorsforum on twitter

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancylad View Post
it really is annoying how much cheaper and better amazon.com is compared to amazon.ca. Or music equipment in general in the US compared to us. congrats on the score.

I'm finally getting around to making a little home recording setup. I'm shopping around for audio interfaces right now. Hopefully some of you dudes have some experience in this. This may seem like a stupid question, but is it normal for audio interfaces to not plug into a wall jack? I was at a friend's yesterday and the only cable that he used was a usb connecting to the computer the music input - no power source cable. I only ask this because i am looking at one on kijiji and it seems to be similar to my friends only a bit bigger and it does have a space for a power/AC chord only i didn't see one pictured in the photo.
My AI is the same. Direct USB to my Mac. Make sure you have phantom power in you audio interface though. You need it for condensors. I picked up a real cheap on kijiji for 40 bucks a couple years back and it still works well. I use the maudio mk2. Only one xlr and one 1/4 inch recording inputs. But it has direct monitoring and a 1/4 inch output to plug headphones. I suggest a focusrite. I've been looking at those for a bit now, may be upgrade after my guitar upgrade.
box92 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote