Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Official Draft Thread: Toronto Raptors pick 20th, 37th, 59th
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2014, 07:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
Ball Don't Lie
We going to the 'ship!

Representing:

I'd love to see Ennis drop to us, and have Lowry mentor him for the next 3 years until he's ready to take over. That way we can focus on improving in other areas, plus I think him and Lowry would work well together much like Vasquez and Lowry worked because of Ennis' ball handling ability and unselfishness. Lowry could still play the 2 in that lineup, and not have to be relied upon every second of the game that he's in to be the playmaker.

That's not to say I don't like Vasquez, because he was very good for us in the 2nd half of the year, but I think getting Ennis would be a real upgrade, maybe not next year, but as soon as year 2 or 3.

The only issue is that Chicago has 2 picks ahead of us, because outside of them, it's hard to see some of the other teams before us taking Tyler.

I think Stauskas will be gone before 14th unfortunately. His work ethic and his drive to become more than just a shooter was on full display last year, as he improved a ton, stepping into being the primary perimeter player on his team. He's going to be an awesome fit on a winning team one day, and I hope he goes to a good organization that develops his skillset, and doesn't just turn him into a spot up player who goes by the wasteside until he becomes a free agent.
Ball Don't Lie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote