Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - The official beer thread
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2014, 09:36 PM   #87 (permalink)
LOG
Is sick and tired of Casey

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
That kentucky bastard really kicked my ass yesterday. It was delicious, especially as it warmed up a bit, and i certainly drank it slow enough to allow it to warm up. But at 10% it just hit hard anyways.

I love the amazing brews you see in big bottles. But i really wish so much of the craft brewing marketplace wasn't moving in that direction. Those bottles cost a lot, with the prices going up, and i don't usually like to drink that much in one go. So it ends up feeling like i'm paying more for more than i want to drink, unless i have someone over. Small bottles would be great.

The trend looks to be in fuller effect in the US. I saw a ton of big bottles that were priced at 15-20 bucks US. That's crazy shit. So many were really hard to resist, but man it really adds up, even at 8-10 dollars a go.
Yup definitely sometimes I just go for couple of different smaller bottles than one big that cost 10 and up. Paying that much money for beer that you might not even like once you try is silly. They should either get smaller bottles or at least sample them in the stores (they don't really sample craft beers)
On the side note I was on vacation in Lithuania couple of years ago, and visited bunch of small local breweries. It really was an amazing experience.
Some of the warm beers, and Baltic porters were some of the best brews I've ever tried. Planing to take couple days of work and have a trip around Ontario to some local breweries this summer, any suggestions?
LOG is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote