Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Game 4 Ratings
Thread: Game 4 Ratings
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2014, 07:24 PM   #32 (permalink)
moremilk
whatever

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanH View Post
Harden: .618 TS%, 23.5 PER, .221 WS/48
DeRozan: .532 TS%, 18.4 PER, .141 WS/48

Harden is a game changer offensively and terrible defensively. DD is solid offensively and bad-to-below-average defensively. Although personally Harden would be low on my list of potential acquisitions, he is a HUGE upgrade to DeRozan.
on paper he is an upgrade, in reality he is not. During the regular season, sure - harden will help you to more wins. In the playoffs though, his defense is so bad and historically he struggled, starting from his time in OKC (where was he in the finals against Miami?).

And I disagree he's a game changer offensively, he's fairly easy to contain. He will abuse bad defenses and gets a lot of love from the refs. Against a good defense, that denies his penetration and cuts on fast break points (which most playoff teams can do), he's nothing but a mediocre jump shooter. He can't post anybody and there is no chance he will ever be able to post some day. He's undersized for his position, so he can't shoot over people either. He's a regular season star who will always struggle in the post season.

In my opinioin, outside PGs, very few players can get away without a post game in the playoffs (and score at an elite level). Unless you have some crazy height advantage like dirk or durant, you're not beating anybody with shooting or penetration. Virtually every playoff team has one defensive stopper who can fairly easily contain harden one on one.

And did I mention his defense is d-league level terrible? Look at the Houston team lately, they're starting 3 super elite defensive players, and still allow a shitload of points.
moremilk is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote