Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - TNT Crew: Kenny calls DeRozan a 'superstar in the making'
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2014, 11:04 AM   #22 (permalink)
Snooch
is back baby

Large and in charge

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudnine View Post
I'm actually way more impressed with his defensive acumen this year. His DRTG was always horrible and he always gave up more points than he scored; this year, he was able to right the ship, make better defensive decisions, keep his man in front of him, foul less at crucial times, everything.

In my mind, stars are not stars unless they can at least do an above-average job on the defensive end, which is why Harden does not pass the test for me. DeMar is obviously doing wonderful things on the offensive side of things, but it's his defense that has really taken the next step.

His facilitating abilities, vision, and willingness to pass have also gone to the next-level, which is obviously helped by better talent around him. Yes, he'll still occasionally take a bad shot, but it keeps defenses honest.

It's the little things that have me excited for his future - that, and he's 24 years old. He ain't done yet.
Alot of that can be attributed to the emergence of Ross' defense.
Snooch is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote