Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - What They're Saying: 2013-2014 Edition
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2014, 02:17 PM   #552 (permalink)
moremilk
whatever

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJoJo Shabbadu View Post
If Ross can't keep JJ in check DD has no chance at all. It will mean alot more Salmons so you better get ready for it!
I disagree, demar is a pretty good one on one defender against strong guys. He's tall and can bother shots without crowding and he won't be pushed easily in the post.

demar's problem is quick wings and wings that like to move a lot - he lacks both the lateral quickness and the ability/willingness to chase guys through screens. While JJ will, at times, use screens for catch and shoot, that's not his main bread and butter. And I'd rather have him run around to get free than to just abuse ross in the post.

The truth is, demar at the 3 and ross at the 2 is the ideal scenario for their strengths and weaknesses defensively. 1-2 years from now, ross will be a different guy and should become an elite defender at both positions, but he's not there yet.

However, I would prefer to see ross on deron and demar on JJ. Ross has the ability to shut down deron, which would be huge. If livingston abuses lowry with his size, so be it - doubt the nets can win any game where livingston is their top scorer ...
moremilk is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote