Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Gary Payton dropping truth bombs
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2014, 03:59 PM   #18 (permalink)
jeffb
is the baby faced assassin

Banned

Representing:

This guy needs to stop while he's ahead.....

Gary Payton Calls Chris Paul No. 1 Point Guard, Takes Dig at Stephen Curry | Bleacher Report

Quote:
Gary Payton is really starting to give off an old-man-yelling-at-clouds vibe.

Since officially entering the Hall of Fame, Payton hasn't passed up an opportunity to eviscerate NBA point guards not named Chris Paul, Tony Parker or Rajon Rondo. In the past, though, he's neglected to name names, opting to criticize the rest of the field in general instead.

Not anymore.
Quote:
In a video posted by TMZ, Payton took some not-so-subtle shots at Stephen Curry and Russell Westbrook, essentially claiming they play a different position.

"You got shooting guards now that's playing point guard," he said. "Steph Curry, Westbrook—all them. They own that."

Is that A-OK with you, Gary?

Apparently not.

"But you know what? I'm the Hall of Famer, so you gotta ride with that," he reminded us. "They don't work with me. When they get to my level, then they can talk to me."

All right then.
Quote:
Someone better remind Westbrook and Curry they're not allowed to address Payton directly, because they're neither Hall of Famers nor actual point guards. The NBA barely has any real point guards apparently. According to Payton, there are only three.

"There's only one or two or three [real point guards]," he explained. "I say Tony Parker, Rondo and Chris Paul. They're the only three true point guards."

If only the true-point-guard love fest stopped there.

It didn't.

"Chris Paul is the No. 1 point guard in the NBA right now," Payton said, as if that was brand-new information.

Good to know that retirement and a Hall of Fame induction hasn't humbled Payton. He's still the same self-assured and candid sound bite he's always been. And if past behavior is any indication, he's never going to change.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote