Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Lowry: I couldn't choose a better team or teammates
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2014, 08:06 PM   #41 (permalink)
Bill Haverchuck
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by moremilk View Post
vasquez is not a fa as far as I know, so he will be back. given his low salary, it will be very hard to trade him (at fair value obviously), maybe if we can somehow pair him with fields, but I'm not sure we need to shed fields this summer, unless we're planning some big free agency move.
Vasquez is an RFA, like Patterson. We can match any offers made to them. That's the one downside to his really solid offensive play recently: Vasquez might get an offer sheet above the qualifying offer, and that will eat into our future cap space to a greater degree than anticipated. But maybe Patterson can be had cheaper, since his play has dropped off a bit after his injury.

On the bright side, if for some reason Lowry doesn't re-sign, Vasquez looks like an okay insurance policy to keep us respectable.

It will be intersting to see what Vasquez gets, and whether a team like the Lakers throws a modest (but more than expected) contract his way, if they can't pry away Lowry.
Bill Haverchuck is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote