Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - My thoughts: 2013/2014 regular season awards
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2014, 05:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
pzabby
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot body, cold mind View Post
Most valuable player: Kevin Durant.

I think it's clear for almost everyone that Kevin Durant is better this Season than LeBron James. Not much to say about this. 32 PPG, 7.4 RPG, 5.5 APG. Lead OKC to 2nd spot in the West.

Rookie of the year: Michael-Carter Williams.

Although Philadelphia didn't have good season, MCW looks like glimmer of hope for Phily next season and in my opinion he was better than Oladipo. Lead Rookies in PPG, RPG and APG at once (not sure if still leads).

Defensive player of the year: DeAndre Jordan.

Solid on D, strong, jumps high, blocks, rebounds. I don't know (it's my subjective opinion) but I like prefer him more than Ibaka for this award. 13.7 RPG, 2.51 BPG.

Most improved player of the year: Goran Dragic or Kyle Lowry. Still not sure.

Goran Dragic took important role in Phoenix as Bledsoe dropped out due to injury for majority of the season and led by Dragic, slight underdogs Phoenix Suns are making a playoff push.

Kyle Lowry was a big factor for Toronto in this probably franchise best season. Toronto was also slight underdogs, but here where they are - in the playoffs.

Sixth man of the year: D.J. Augustin

Rose injured, but PG is definately not the weakest position of Bulls because of this guy. Plays a significant role of the bench, clutch performer. 14.9 PPG, 5.0 APG.

Coach of the year: Gregg Popovich

Nothing to say much here. The big trio of spurs looks old, but Spurs still manage to win 50+ times and be an absolute leader of the league.

Opinions?
Sorry for my English if it's not good enough.
welcome to the forum!

i'd agree with everything except for MIP. Lowry I don't think is a MIP. he's shown to be this good in the past. Ok maybe not THIS good, but close to it. IMO it's between dragic and whomever else (haven't followed the league outside raps well). possibly DD? he'll definitely be looked at.
pzabby is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote