Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - FINAL: Toronto Raptors 116 Detroit Pistons 107
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2014, 10:15 AM   #339 (permalink)
LX
present minded

In the Paint

Representing:

I thought we could have won 40 games easy if they had a good defensive identity. Rudy or not. There was no reason to expect the chemistry to be so particularly bad with Rudy. And though the bench needed upgrading, it was not unreasonable to think Augustin could provide some punch and that Ross would look better this season, while coming off the bench. And I figured Ujuri would do his job as far as making moves were concerned - and to me that didn't mean trashing the team and tanking, but quite the opposite.

Even if Lowry had been moved, it would not have been about tanking necessarily. We know that Ujiri liked Greivis, and saw a chance to get more assets in return for a player that he couldn't be sure was going to stay. It could have meant a step backwards that was temporary, or they could have ridden out the season with more gradual improvement. But it looked clear that the players were not going to accept losing. Masai would have had to trash the team in order to tank correctly. And nothing, including what he was asking for in a Lowry deal, indicated a willingness for that.
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote