Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - What They're Saying: 2013-2014 Edition
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2014, 12:27 AM   #529 (permalink)
moremilk
whatever

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwchills View Post
You know we can do this all night with the Bargs thing, so I'll stop. But to answer your questions, 1) no I don't think Bargs had #1 level talent 2) no I don't think he was quick, I think quick and Bargs in the same sentence should be a crime 3) By the 3rd season we knew he didn't have Lowry's mindset or Demar's work ethic 4) I don't think he was better than Aldridge by year 3. 5) I would like to see that GM poll now.
your points are mostly about why we didn't trade him, which is a whole different discussion (I would argue that before those famous 13 games, he was on the trading block - at least BC was critical about him publicly that previous summer).

And I didn't say he was better than aldridge by year 3, I said during the first 3 years he was better - to counter your claim that aldridge was the obvious choice. And come on, are you saying he wasn't quick? Even before he added a ton of bulk when they were trying to make a center out of him, he was quick for his size (not for his position mind you, but for his size - I grant you there are much quicker PFs out there, but not at 7'+ and 250lbs). As for the poll, here it is:

NBA.com GM Survey: Rookies, Defense, International

with my apologies, it was Bargnani and tyrus (another super talent who ended up even worst).

In any case, the argument was whether the Bargnani pick was good at the time - I, to conclude my side of the argument, continue to claim he was #1 talent that didn't just pan out for various reasons.
moremilk is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote