Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - What They're Saying: 2013-2014 Edition
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2014, 11:45 PM   #525 (permalink)
dwchills
sick of wack excuses

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by moremilk View Post
looking back to barg's career, you don't think he had #1 level talent? He could have been very special, few players that size have his quickness and shooting. The problem is he never improved much after his first 2-3 seasons, and mostly regressed in all other areas.
Put lowry's mindset and demar's work ethic in barg's body and you get a hall of famer imo - he could have been that good. He was better than aldridge in their first 2-3 seasons too.

and the GM poll after the draft had Bargnani and Aldridge tied as the best players in 5 years - for whatever that's worth.
You know we can do this all night with the Bargs thing, so I'll stop. But to answer your questions, 1) no I don't think Bargs had #1 level talent 2) no I don't think he was quick, I think quick and Bargs in the same sentence should be a crime 3) By the 3rd season we knew he didn't have Lowry's mindset or Demar's work ethic 4) I don't think he was better than Aldridge by year 3. 5) I would like to see that GM poll now.
dwchills is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote