Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - y-Toronto
Thread: y-Toronto
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2014, 12:08 AM   #20 (permalink)
moremilk
whatever

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Haverchuck View Post
KG is NOT as good as Duncan, and hasn't been for more than a year. He's the same age but came into the league as a teenager. He's got a shitload of mileage on those legs, with extra minutes, and not getting the rest that Pop gives Duncan lately.

But, you do have a point about him POTENTIALLY having a defensive impact on the game. It's still a good learning experience. And I still think it will be competitive ball. That is entertaining.
I'm aware that KG has way more miles, but not sure it will make a huge difference in the playoffs. There's a reason TD can still go a full regular season and KG can't, but for 10-12 games in the playoffs? Not sure the difference is huge, especially so on the defensive end. They don't need KG to score, although he will punish you if you don't guard him. Maybe not in the post anymore, but from mid-range he's still deadly.

My biggest concern is his defense though. It's not enough they have livingstone, PP and JJ to hound our guys on the perimeter, but with KG behind them, how exactly are we going to score? It will be UGLY, unless we can get some monster games from JV.

The other thing KG does is completely destroys your P&R with Amir, which is one of our strongest weapons.

And their bench is super strong too, definitely better than ours.

That's why I've wanted us to avoid BKN like the plague - the playoff games against them will be nothing like the regular season games, and those were not great either (don't forget each game we played them they were on a B2B - amazingly enough).

I would consider even a strong effort against them as a MAJOR accomplishment for our team.
moremilk is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote