Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - FINAL | Raptors 107 Pelicans 100
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2014, 03:07 PM   #211 (permalink)
LX
present minded

In the Paint

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! View Post
Impressive.

However, it bothers me that they can do that but then get stupid losses against LAL, BOS, ATL, etc. Shows that this team still needs to get to that further step. If this team were to get 57-61 wins next year, assuming a 47-50 win season this year - that'd be a great step.
Yeah, to me, even watching this game, and certainly the last few, this team isn't that far from being where Cleveland is. I don't take that to mean the over-achieving is fool's gold. Not in the least. To me it shows how good the organisation has become from top to bottom, and how well everyone has bought into the whole program. And as you suggest, it makes it easy to imagine them being able to build on it.

There is a cohesiveness and recognition of how every guy needs to contribute and accept roles that is as significant as anything else in succeeding in this league. Without the promotional emphasis and hype around stars it might be clear to most that it is the standout requirement for contending. That is what i love about all the guys on this team. As much as some may want to suggest that DeMar has a big head, he knows exactly how this team is succeeding and will succeed. Kyle has tailored his own competitive spirit to better suit the needs of the team himself. Amir has always gotten that aspect - likely seeing how important it was in Detroit. The game comes before all of them, and that doesn't happen with a lot of young teams, or some older teams.

And the beauty is that it makes it easier to tweak the roster and gain big improvements as new guys get incorporated into the system so much easier than if everything revolved around one or two guys specifically.
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote