Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Satriani Suing Coldplay
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2008, 11:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
Aar_Canada
is pounding the rock!

Captain Ding Dong

Representing:
Default Satriani Suing Coldplay

Quote:
Guitar virtuoso Joe Satriani is boiling mad over a song from popular British band Coldplay.

The 52-year-old musician is suing the Grammy-nominated act, accusing them of plagiarizing one of his tracks, Reuters reports.

The copyright infringement suit, filed on Thursday in Los Angeles, claims the Coldplay song "Viva La Vida" incorporates "substantial original portions" of his 2004 instrumental "If I Could Fly."

The song, which comes off their album "Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends," is credited to the band's four members, singer Chris Martin; bass player Guy Berryman; guitarist Johnny Buckland; and drummer Will Champion.

The Satriani track comes from his album "Is There Love in Space?" A response from Coldplay's management was not immediately available.

Satriani is seeking a jury trial, damages and "any and all profits" attributable to the alleged copyright infringement.

Coldplay racked up seven Grammy nominations on Wednesday, with some from the song in question.
I can't imagine the guys from Coldplay listening to Satriani records, but it sounds pretty much identical. They were accused before over the same song. I have a feeling a settlement will be reached.

Aar_Canada is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote