Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Time for Salmons' Minutes to be Cut.
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2014, 10:16 AM   #11 (permalink)
DanH
sticking to his guns... is stuck to his guns...

Banned

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
It's called a rotation. Fields played to fill in for an injured starter. As soon as Casey starts messing with the regular rotation there will be all kinds of complaints about how he can't settle on anything and establish a rotation that the players can count on, and i will be among those complaining, rightly.

Salmons is much better when rested though, and he probably should be given some nights off down the stretch. He played a really nice game after the four game break.
I definitely want him to establish a rotation the players can depend on. In which he plays the best players. And Fields is an upgrade to Salmons, and should be an established rotation player.

Looking at Salmons's splits, you are right, he's much better with rest.

Days Rest | Individual ORTG | Individual DRTG | +/- per 100 possessions
0 | 78 | 110 | -5
1 | 92 | 108 | +0.4
2| 105 | 108 | +4.5
3+ | 123 | 99 | +13.8

Wow, he's great when he gets rest! Of course, 1 day of rest is typical in the playoffs, and I'd rather not sit through his awful offense and below average defense every game in the playoffs. So, yeah, I want the rotation established by the time the playoffs roll around, so better to sit Salmons now than wait and have to make a panic move in the playoffs when he can't handle the workload.
DanH is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote