Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Vince Carter....HOFer!
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2014, 11:49 PM   #240 (permalink)
Ammo
T. Ross IS The Phantom Menace.

Lackey

Representing:

On the other hand, it may be a first step to stop continually embarrassing ourselves and acting like snivelling bitches like the fans that booed Rudy Gay at tonights game.

I should re-iterate that I'm not actually a Carter fanboy. To use an analogy, you get fired from a job and you're pissed. But then later an opportunity comes up that would benefit you, but it involves the company that fired you. You can choose to lose out on principle and stay down, but should you?

We're a remote arctic outpost to some coming into the NBA and to some free agents. Carter conributed to the venom and that's where it started, but booing everybody and having a grudge against everybody is a terrible look. We look ignorant and outback and given a choice as a player knowing nothing about the place I wouldn't come here. Philly could have booed "practice" Iverson and L.A. could have booed "trade me now & I'm a rapist" Kobe.

Fact is, I don't know if Carter could be included in a ceremony to honour 20 years. We'd embarass ourselves by booing some old dude to humiliation and it would end up all across the continent.
The best part of our 20 year history ended the worst. The conundrum is that it still ends up a pretty empty anniversary celebration if you roll out Oliver Miller, Walt Williams and a postcard from Keon Clark in jail.
Ammo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote