Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Where does Allen Iverson rank among the all-time greats?
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2014, 01:21 PM   #35 (permalink)
bjjs
a baller

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptorman View Post
I've been down this road before.

If I see a guy dressed as a clown, I think "Hey , There's a clown!" If I see someone in a Police uniform, I think "Hey! There's a cop!"

So if I see someone (regardless of race) in tats, chains, sunglasses, etc, I think "Hey! There goes a Thug!"

I know a lot of youngsters are selling "That's just my fashion, don't judge me" stuff.

Bottom line is if two guys came to your door to babysit your house or kids, one dressed in thugware and one dressed in jeans and a tshirt, who are you leaving your house with?

You are judged on what you wear. Accept it and work around it. I am as well. Yes, there are exceptions, but very few. That's why they are called "exceptions".

/old guy rant
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Too bad AI mixed in the gangstaness with his hustle and play. Too many players think that is part of the game now. I miss the days of MJ class and determination.
So how is it that AI mixed his gangstaness (tats, chains, and sunglasses) with his hustle and play? In what way did he think it was part of the game and how did it make him less determined?

I'm failing to see the connection between your two quotes.

And there are very few exceptions to what? Like few non-thugs who dress like "thugs". I have a hard time believing that you allow yourself to get to know a fair amount of these people.
bjjs is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote