Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Where does Allen Iverson rank among the all-time greats?
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2014, 09:38 AM   #1 (permalink)

The Killing Joke
Send a message via MSN to Claudius
Default Where does Allen Iverson rank among the all-time greats?

His jersey was just retired. A number of players have called him one of the greatest to play. So, where does he rank?

Kobe Bryant -- who along with the Lakers defeated Iverson and the 76ers in their lone NBA Finals appearance in 2001 -- said competing against A.I. forced him to up his own game. His Instagram post read: "Time has wings my brotha. Your game pushed my then 21 year old self to play beyond my years. Your impact on the game will be felt for generations.
"The King" himself congratulated Iverson via Instagram -- and even credited him with inspiring some of James' on-court fashion. He posted the following with a photo: "Pound for pound!! Congrats homie. What a pleasure to complete against u and also become a friend in the process. U the reason why I got tattoos, wore a headband and arm sleeve. Thanks for everything!!
LeBron James, Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade, Carmelo Anthony honor Allen Iverson | FOX Sports on MSN
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote