Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - 4 point line?
Thread: 4 point line?
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2014, 03:59 PM   #36 (permalink)
Ball Don't Lie
We going to the 'ship!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
I'd rather they take away the 3 pt. line and bring back passing in the game. There are moments when I watch a game and all teams do is just shoot brick after brick trying for a 3.
True, and agreed.

Quote:
No 3 pt. line and eliminate zone defenses (so team's can't just sit). I'd be happy with that.

If you want more passing in the game, getting rid of zone defences isn't the way to do it. Zone defence has really brought passing back into the game, because teams are able to stunt on post ups, and pick and roll plays, forcing offences to swing the ball multiple times at a quick rate in order to get an open shot. Without zone defences, teams were forced to commit to a double team or else be called for a violation, leading to more 1 on 1 play, and if teams did double, a higher percentage of the time they got an open shot with the original pass out of the double team.

Zone defences have made the game more open in my opinion, but I wouldnt be against getting rid of the 3 point line so teams just took the best shot available to them rather than trying to get behind the line. Players would have to work harder on their skillsets off of the dribble and in the midrange if they got rid of the 3 which would be a good thing, though the 3 point line is never going to be eliminated.

No 4 pointers though, please.
Ball Don't Lie is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote