Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - World Soccer Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2014, 10:32 AM   #9076 (permalink)
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!!
La Decima!!!!!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
It's no secret that Arsenal lack a number 9, but I'm just not high on Balotelli at all. He's still way too combustible for my liking. Honestly, I'd much rather have Mandzukic fill the role and I think he'd be the perfect fit with players like Ozil, Cazorla and Wilshire. With him, Mertesacker and Koscielny we'd have some legitimate aerial threats on set pieces that defenders would struggle against.

As for Mata, I understand why Man U bought him (discounted price?), but he doesn't fit this season with that club. You're absolutely right.

The only thing I can think of is that he's one piece of a replacement puzzle with RVP (bad history between he and Moyes), Rooney, Kagawa and maybe even the failed Fellaini experiment all being sold off in the summer. I'd be surprised, and I mean really surprised, if they keep Mata on the wing.
I don't agree with it but it'd surely be interesting. I think Mandzukic would be a great fit and much more pragmatic but Balo would be high risk but high reward. Will be interesting to see what happens. Many teams out there are interested in Mandzukic - like Juventus.

Indeed. Maybe we finally see ManU actually shift to a more modern formation. I personally think RVP is gone next season for sure.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote