Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - World Soccer Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2014, 08:34 AM   #9074 (permalink)
Claudius
contemplating

The Killing Joke

Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius

Quote:
Originally Posted by LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! View Post
Word around the street is that Balotelli might be heading to Arsenal in the summer with Puma playing a key part to have Balotelli in an Arsenal jersey with Arsenal transferring from Nike to Puma next year.

Also - I don't see how Mata will work in Man U. Although Mata can play on the wing he plays better as a CAM and he leaves a lot to be desired defensively on the wing. Unless ManU plan on having Rooney with Mata as CF and CAM I don't see how they'll work that out if RVP and Rooney stay.
It's no secret that Arsenal lack a number 9, but I'm just not high on Balotelli at all. He's still way too combustible for my liking. Honestly, I'd much rather have Mandzukic fill the role and I think he'd be the perfect fit with players like Ozil, Cazorla and Wilshire. With him, Mertesacker and Koscielny we'd have some legitimate aerial threats on set pieces that defenders would struggle against.

As for Mata, I understand why Man U bought him (discounted price?), but he doesn't fit this season with that club. You're absolutely right.

The only thing I can think of is that he's one piece of a replacement puzzle with RVP (bad history between he and Moyes), Rooney, Kagawa and maybe even the failed Fellaini experiment all being sold off in the summer. I'd be surprised, and I mean really surprised, if they keep Mata on the wing.
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote