Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Changes made to Slam Dunk Contest
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2014, 07:39 PM   #10 (permalink)
Ball Don't Lie
We going to the 'ship!

Representing:

Havent the fans voted for the winner for the past few years? The format is still the same with the winner apparently, so people saying that only the conference wins and there's no definitive winner didn't read the article correctly.

I think changing the rest of the event is a good thing. Something needed to change. We hoped that would just be superstars participating again, but the second best thing would be this.

In terms of the 3 point contest, I dont think that needed fixing, but I think it's an interesting addition being able to pick a specific rack where all shots count as 2 as it adds a bit of strategy to the game and I think it'll also add suspense if a player is behind in his score he can get scorching from his preferred spot on the perimeter and come back. The downside is the history of the 3 point competition will be obsolete in comparing previous years to this one and upcoming years though because of the rule change, but who cares if it makes it funner to watch
Ball Don't Lie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote