Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Has DD peaked and trade him?
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2014, 06:23 PM   #60 (permalink)
KoolAid
If I ruled the world...

Sippin' On Myself

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
Yeah, that's a false equivocation. That's why i brought up all the other players. It's not at all about DeMar. It's about being so eager to get rid of an established impactful player for the sake of betting on the surefire development of one of five overhyped kids.

There is a place for the draft. In no way does it replace player development within a winning culture. If we were talking about being able to get a specific player that is a known commodity then you're talking about something, but that just isn't the case with a top five pick here.
But how are you so certain they're overhyped? For all the accusations I'm getting of using my crystal ball to guarantee they're all superstars (even though I haven't done that), you're doing the same thing by saying they won't.

The picks have a good chance to be in the 20s, so I don't value them highly, but a top 5 pick is more valuable than Demar. It is easily. If you disagree on that there's no reason to go on because we're not on different pages, but different books altogether. No GM, including Masai, would trade a top 5 pick for Demar. It's as simple as that. The value is so much higher that even if you prefer Demar to the pick for some reason, you have to take it based solely off of the principle of buying low and selling high, and try to flip it for a player better than Demar.
KoolAid is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote