Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Has DD peaked and trade him?
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2014, 08:57 AM   #49 (permalink)
If I ruled the world...

Sippin' On Myself

Originally Posted by @BaileysBlitz View Post
No the Raps wouldn't be guaranteed 1 of those 5. Exum is the only one who's said he'd enter the draft so far. Andrew Wiggins has hinted already that he'll play only one season in the NCAA but outside of that,Embiid,Parker and Randle could easily return for their Sophomore season.

Jim Boehim is the coach of the #1 and undefeated Syracuse right now(also won a Championship and Gold Medal) and he's even stated there isn't any LeBron or Duncan in this supposed deep draft and that none of the Freshman are worth tanking for(which equally means none are worth trading 2 firsts and an All Star for). I take his word for it more than any writer or fan trying to hype up the young incoming talent as the current ones have peaked or are on the verge of going out.
The assumption being made is that the trade is made on draft night (no other way to have a guaranteed top 5 pick) and all those guys have declared, so yes it would be guaranteed. Even so, its extremely unlikely any of those guys turn down a guaranteed top 5 pick.

And numerous other people with similar qualifications as Boehim have said otherwise. Ill take their word for it over a writer trying to stir up controversy, a coach trying to help his own players get drafted higher, and fans trying to convince themselves that the team didn't make a mistake by not going for a top pick.
KoolAid is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote