Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Has DD peaked and trade him?
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2014, 01:23 AM   #48 (permalink)
TORaptor4Ever
"Fake All-Star"

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuCa00795 View Post
Let's be honest here, Demar is only 24, ACTUALLY enjoys Toronto, and is most likely not going to fuck us over, and he's proved everyone wrong each season as he has continued to improve when people say that he has reached his peek. Most teams only trade their all-stars when they are about to tank, or when the star demands out of the city. Neither of these cases are happening. Why trade away our all-star to pick up a player who will take a few season to get to where Demar is at now. Seems like we just wasted that last few years on developing Demar if that's the case, and who knows, this new guy we draft may want to walk the first opportunity he gets.
Thanks. Saved me the trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolAid View Post

But really, there are people who wouldn't give up DeMar and two picks for a top 5 pick? That means you're guaranteed one of Parker, Wiggins, Randle, Embiid, or Exum. I get that Demar is a reliable scorer and likes Toronto, but business is business, and when you get a player who can be the face of your franchise for 10 years, in exchange for a borderline all star and some picks that'll likely end up in the 20s, you take it and run.

But none of that matters because no sane GM will trade a top 5 pick for a package with Demar as the best asset.
I like that you've already bestowed superstar status on each of those guys without any of them having played an NBA game. It's cute.

Last edited by TORaptor4Ever; 02-06-2014 at 01:26 AM.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote