Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - FINAL Toronto 103 Portland 106
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2014, 06:10 PM   #30 (permalink)
Diamond Scorpion
A True Diamond In The Rough

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorsVictim View Post
I do not see any problems with his jumpshot. On the other hand, for him to be a main offensive option with a team that contains two players like KL and Derozan, it would be really hard. Another thing - with my all respect to KL - KL is not the kind of a playmaker who would help a guy like JV to flourish, if we have a classic PG like Mark Jackson, or Kidd or A Miller, you would have seen JV as a star.
Lowry is a great play maker for JV, but JV's issue is his conditioning and not being able to run the floor quickly enough to seal his man in the paint to get easy buckets off the opposing teams turnovers. He should also attempt to seal his man early in the offense and demand the ball, something which again he hardly does.

He's still young and developing which I understand, but this stuff is basketball 101. You don't need a big man coach to teach you this.

Lowry has ran a good few pick and rolls with JV throughout many of the games, but it's not his problem if JV is not finishing strong by either missing or turning it over.

Also, I would like to point out that Lowry is currently 7th in the league for averaging 7.6 assists per game, so you can't say he doesn't have the play making skills to help JV flourish.

Last edited by Diamond Scorpion; 02-01-2014 at 06:13 PM.
Diamond Scorpion is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote