Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Vince Carter....HOFer!
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 08:53 AM   #212 (permalink)
DanH
sticking to his guns... is stuck to his guns...

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by just4_raps View Post
neither are hated by me anymore. moved on. who cares.

i recently left a company i worked 10 years for. made strong relationships and grew with that company. i left for a competitor b/c it was a great opportunity to accomplish a lot more in my career.

should i be boo'ed when i hang out with my old work friends on a friday night?

he made a basketball/business decision. one that he thought was best for himself. of course it hurt our growth as a franchise for a bit, but shouldn't we be able to look to our future by now? its been 3+ years.

move on. don't be one of those fans...
Bosh I have no problem with him leaving. He did trash the city and franchise after he left though (and sort of led the management team on with the idea he'd re-sign). Did you go back and trash your previous company and all your friends? Were a wolf trapped in a cage in your previous job? I have no problem with Bosh leaving, but he blew his chances at a fond memory in TO when he dragged the team through the mud after he left. If you behaved the way Bosh did, I doubt your friends go out to drinks with you, evn for the opportunity to boo you.

As for Vince, your analogy doesn't apply at all. If you dogged your way out of your contract at your previous job, leaving your friends in the lurch as you ruin the company from the inside out, then yes you deserve to be booed.
DanH is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote