Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Vince Carter....HOFer!
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 01:01 AM   #204 (permalink)
TORaptor4Ever
"Fake All-Star"

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammo View Post
People don't care enough about Bosh to hate him enough. The ultimate slight.

As for Vince, I think a few things have made some of the anger fade.

-he's older, not dominant anymore and can't stick daggers in us on the court anymore. He's uncle Vince now.

-we feel like we are starting to get a rudder now, build toward something, get on the map and become a destination someday....without him, so the sting of him leaving is not as strong.

-time passes....if you keep seeing some old girlfriend of yours who dumped you but each time she is more run down, at some point, you've gotta stop trying to prove something. There's not much satisfaction in it. It gets old. I'm seeing grown men still standing up booing lustily. It's sad and embarrassing.

-it really would actually be good to have some kind of legacy going forward. VC years where the biggest thing to happen and you can't erase them. We can either clean up our history and present it better like pretty much every history book in school does or pretend our legacy starts right now. (or 2015? 0r 2106?)
Nothing wrong with ignoring Vince... it's the "well let's let bygones be bygones and raise his jersey to the rafters!" stuff that makes me want to puke.

First Raptor ever to have his number retired and we want to do it for a guy who flat out QUIT on the team when he was in his prime?
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote