Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Picking the East All-Star reserves
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2014, 07:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
moremilk
whatever

Representing:
Default Picking the East All-Star reserves

Tom Haberstroh, who is now my favourite write on espn after hollinger left, picks his all star reserves, and kyle gets the nod:

Quote:
Kyle Lowry | PG | Toronto Raptors

If Wednesday's game was Lowry's audition for the All-Star Game, he might have been automatically removed from the ballot. He shot the ball 10 times and missed every single one of them. Luckily for him, it wasn't an audition. It was one horrible game for Lowry, but in the other 40 he's played, he's got my vote for the East's best point guard.

He ranks right up there with John Wall (20.2) and Kyrie Irving (20.1) in PER with a 19.5 rating, but unlike those two, Lowry actually cares about the defensive side of the ball. Synergy Sports tracking tells us that he has stepped up for a sum of 50 charges, a huge number that is almost more than entire teams. Of course, the box score doesn't acknowledge those, but we should acknowledge that Lowry deserves to start the All-Star Game based on merit for his work on both ends of the floor.
also, demar and amir mentioned among the also-rans:

Quote:
Apologies to: Drummond, Lance Stephenson, Al Jefferson, DeRozan, Kemba Walker, Amir Johnson, Michael Carter-Williams, Thaddeus Young, Deng, David West.
his other picks are wall, noah, afflalo, hibbert, Bosh and milsap.

I'd definitely take drummond, jj or demar over afflalo, but otherwise no major complaints with his list. I also love he doesn't love irving (he says he wouldn't pick him as an all star at all), most overrated player in the league imo.
moremilk is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote