Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Vince Carter....HOFer!
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2014, 01:13 AM   #172 (permalink)
moremilk
whatever

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjjs View Post
I don't think you quite remember Vince's final years.
And btw, I think I remember that season very well, we started very good out of the gate, think we may have won in detroit or indiana in the first few games and then went on the west road trip where we lost some close games and then vince started playing really odd, to the point where chuck and jack (think it was jack, that part I don't recall) were starting to insinuate things.

I think at the time the theory is that he was very pissed with the organization who was clearly in cost savings mode. That year we hired a rookie GM and a rookie HC (for the 2nd year in a row) and there was a very negative vibe around the team - there was talk about rebuilding and what not.

And take a look at our roster that season (pulled it from BR):

Rafer Alston
Rafael Araujo
Matt Bonner
Chris Bosh
Vince Carter
Omar Cook
Donyell Marshall
Jerome Moiso
Lamond Murray
Milt Palacio
Morris Peterson
Jalen Rose
Pape Sow
Aaron Williams
Eric Williams
Loren Woods

a sophomore in Bosh, a washed up jalen, a competent role player in mo-pete and major scrubs. That's not a bad team, that's pathetic. After vince left, Bosh really blossomed and we got some good production from bonner and marshall, you know, just enough so we missed on the top 6 spots the next draft. Who needs Dwight Howard when you can have Charlie Villanueva
moremilk is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote