Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Vince Carter....HOFer!
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014, 08:24 PM   #134 (permalink)
moremilk
whatever

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjjs View Post
I don't think you quite remember Vince's final years. Him quitting on the team resembled nothing like Bosh or Lebron's final year with Cleveland and the Raptors. And his teammates didn't give up like he did.

The comparisons you used aren't even close, but Vince quitting was 10 years + so it's understandable how that memory might be a bit foggy.

If Vince could somehow play an important part as a veteran and win a championship, I think his numbers will be good enough to make the HOF. He needs a final chapter to his story to make the HOF in my opinion - not quite there.
first of all, it's not final "years", he quit on the final months, spanning two seasons. He quit on a team that was clearly going nowhere in order to force his way out of a long contract. Shocking ... never heard of any other star doing that before.

And how is this any different lebron quitting on his team in his final playoff series? Maybe you didn't watch the last playoff games lebron played in cleveland, it was a lot more disgusting than what vince did. Carter quit on a team that had no shot of doing anything, lebron quit on a team that was about to make it to the conference finals. Because, if god forbid, they actually win a title, imagine how hard would it be for him to "make" the decision that was already made ...
moremilk is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote