Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - FINAL: Raptors 95 Bobcats 100
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014, 05:37 PM   #387 (permalink)
LX
effin' ineffable

In the Paint

Representing:

I agree that there needs to more balance. I think there has been good balance in the games they won. Balance both in the kinds of shots Demar takes and the shot distribution across the team. To me this is seeing old problems where improvements have arisen, primarily due to two disappointing losses, one of which was one of Demar's worst performances overall in some time. So i disagree over the idea that improvements are lacking or incremental. They are there and the team has benefitted. A good amount of the ball movement can be traced to the attention Demar receives. All will be good when they are able to score off defense again, and tweak things a bit.

Also - i recognize the rebound rate was clearly on Jonas' side, but i also realize that it should not be close considering the roles. Yes, jonas should be playing 36 minutes. He needs to stop taking himself out of games. And in the minutes he has had, he missed a lot of rebounding opportunities. Second chance points are piling up. He used to give those to us, now he gives them up. Again, i have no problem with him having a learning curve and hitting bad stretches. That doesn't mean he has to be braindead and make it impossible to be on the court for even 20 minutes. Boxing out is strictly about effort and having your head in the game. If that is missing so glaringly it is a real issue that needs correcting immediately.
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key