Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Vince Carter....HOFer!
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014, 01:34 PM   #126 (permalink)
bjjs
a baller

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by moremilk View Post
he quit on a lousy team with a lousy management, pretty much any other star in his place would have done the same. The only difference he was dumb enough to admit it.

bosh quit on the team too, lebron quit on the cavs despite having much better conditions there than vince ever did in toronto.

let's be honest here, the only thing that separates vince from any other player was his admissions. Without that, he'd be just another poor guy who fails because of canada's horrible conditions ...

The only argument against vince is that he never really did his best, for us or for any other team. He was soft and didn't have the passion for winning that kobe has. But the HOF is not a place for flawless players - he was one of the greatest talents of his generation, he has the stats, he won the all star voting multiple times (from canada nevertheless), he has the olympic medal, he has the dunking, he was a showman.

Don't hate him too much, it's not his fault that the GM was stupid enough to trade him for peanuts despite being locked long term under contract. We had all the leverage we wanted and we blew it. Did he quit on the team? Sure he did, as did the other 14 members -that wasn't a team worth fighting too much now, was it?
I don't think you quite remember Vince's final years. Him quitting on the team resembled nothing like Bosh or Lebron's final year with Cleveland and the Raptors. And his teammates didn't give up like he did.

The comparisons you used aren't even close, but Vince quitting was 10 years + so it's understandable how that memory might be a bit foggy.

If Vince could somehow play an important part as a veteran and win a championship, I think his numbers will be good enough to make the HOF. He needs a final chapter to his story to make the HOF in my opinion - not quite there.
bjjs is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote