Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Vince Carter....HOFer!
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014, 11:47 AM   #124 (permalink)
maltmonger
a Die Hard die hard.

pro beer

Representing:

The guy quit on his team. He stopped trying and forced his way out - he was so bad at the time that there was no leverage to get anything good for him - but that was also a product of a crappy GM who didnt have the balls to wait for a decent deal. Then he admitted he gave up and didn't always try in interviews later. And to make it worse - he doesn't even think he did anything wrong! has he ever mentioned any type of regret or - God forbid - apologized? Nope. Maybe if he expressed some type of ownership for the the way things happened it would be easier to embrace the guy again.

Yes - there were plenty of problems in Toronto at the time including the coach GM and upper management. But there have been other players playing in bad situations that were professional about it. Look at Doc Halladay - he wanted out, he did it the right way and fans still love him. he would be welcomed back in Tornoto with open arms and will hopefully go in the HOF as Blue Jay.

I know we have no control over whether he gets into the hall or what logo he wears if he does, but I wouldn't any part of a Vince Carter celebration. There was talk of raising his jersey in to the ACC rafters, which I think would make the franchise look like chumps unless it was raised in a hangman's noose.
maltmonger is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote