Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 97

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 101

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 109

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 120

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 124

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 132

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 201

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 378

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/class_core.php on line 2514
Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - FINAL: Raptors 95 Bobcats 100
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014, 10:39 AM   #340 (permalink)
thought
jonas smellandchewthis

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjjs View Post
Demar's mid-range game was good enough to win 7of8 games and 9of11 games and have the Raptors in first place in the Atlantic. It was good enough for road wins against Dallas and OKC, and a big home win against Indiana.

It's just a really weird witch hunt to be on - trying so hard to prove that Demar is a bad player.

He hasn't realized his potential yet - I think he's getting close, but he has another big push in him. It will be exciting to see what his character shows in the playoffs. Maybe that's where he falls.

Trying to say he's bad at everything is just really whiny. He's in a lose - lose situation with some fans because when the team wins, it's the other guys, and when the team loses, it's Derozan.
It's not unfair and I would argue it's actually been a consistent criticism regardless of whether we're winning or losing. The guy's shot selection has always been terrible, and yeah it's magnified now that we've lost a couple crappy ones but his horrific shot selection in fourth quarters is absolutely a reason we've lost. Not the sole reason but one of the reasons.

And it's not juts DeRozan getting the criticism. I have seen a ton of posts ripping on Amir and JV. I have even seen Lithuanian posters ripping on JV, that's how you know it's bad. DeRozan is supposed to be one of our main guys, and he's certainly paid like one, so on those two facts alone he should be receiving the bulk of the criticism anyways.

look at LeBron, he's the only guy in the league who can put up a triple double in a game and be blamed for a loss. is it fair? no, it's just the way it is.
thought is offline   Boss Key Wife Key