Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Ross to defend slam dunk title
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2014, 01:20 PM   #15 (permalink)
LX
present minded

In the Paint

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5racer View Post
Whats with you guys...I don't understand how some of you think (last year the same comments were made) or believe making the slam dunk contest/all star weekend will some how effect Ross/Players in a negative way. If anything it gives them the opportunity to go have a good time for a few days giving them a breather from the season. The guys doing the slam dunk contest, hes not running a 200k marathon....I dont see how going for 2-3 days of festivites will have him lose focus on the rest of the season. What do you guys think, hes gonna start skipping practices to go work on his Dunks? Or in game hes is going to take a pass on playing D because hes getting lost in trying to think of new dunks....ahahaha, if that were the case, then we should trade the guy now. He is a professional, if anything this will give the guy a little confidence boost in that he IS going to All-Star weekend. Let the guy have a little fun will you........
He did lose his focus last year. There is way too much work and thought that goes into it beforehand, way too much attention before and after, the constant chatter, the social media and media distractions. Now he should be able to handle it ok having done it before, but the possibility of him not handling it well enough exists, and i hope that possibility does not materialize, that's all.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote