Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Gary Payton dropping truth bombs
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2014, 07:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Nites
is all bout dat life

Can't knock the Hustle

Representing:
Default Gary Payton dropping truth bombs

Quote:
"Basically everything. It's no defense, it's just run and gun. To me, there's only three point guards in the NBA that impress me; I got Chris Paul, Rondo, and another kid that I like a lot and I forgot his name right now. Oh, and Tony Parker. That's only three NBA players in there.
There's too much touch fouls. Every time you touch and they stay on the free throw line. That's no way to watch basketball. When we were playing, it was rough and tough. Even superstars like me fouled out a lot. That's because they let people play, and if you do something then you call it. But nowadays it's not like that and this is the era.
This is what kids want to see. You see these Playstations, they scoring 50 and 60 with one player, that's what they want to see on TV and I don't go with that. My era, give me one-on-one with somebody and stop him and right now you can't do that with a player because if you touch him he's going to the foul line and you're fouling out. Let him be rough. If he got an opportunity to go at you in the offensive end, let me go at him on the defensive end and rough him up. So that's the way I like basketball and I don't think it's like that.
Nites is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote