Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Dwane Casey - To Re-Sign or Not to Re-Sign?
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2014, 01:47 PM   #7 (permalink)
Ball Don't Lie
We going to the 'ship!

Representing:

When we get to the playoffs and he shows that he still has no idea how to make adjustments on the fly, nor change his schemes based on how other teams are defending us, we'll see once again he's not capable of being an above average Head Coach.

It's great he's got the players playing hard and his way, but I still don't trust him to make good coaching decisions in game, whether it's our rotation, or making small changes at half time. I think come playoff time, if teams decide to trap Lowry, or double him on pick and rolls and take our primary option out of the game(which is very likely), I don't think he'll be capable of adjusting to that and we'll really struggle to score enough to win.

I am fearful that if we end up playing a team with a lot of playoff experience in round 1, they're going to beat us and it'll be a NJ repeat from 6 years ago. But on the flipside, if we end up beating a team in the 1st round, it's hard to see a way Masai doesn't bring him back based on the huge success it is for this franchise to win a round(as sad as it is).

I still don't think he's a good Head Coach capable of coaching his teams to great success in the playoffs, so I dont want him back.
Ball Don't Lie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote