Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Slam online: Raptors resurgence
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2014, 11:17 PM   #19 (permalink)
Bill Haverchuck
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by moremilk View Post
You also have to count a number of empty roster spots for whatever the amount is, and you assume we will only sign only one year contracts this summer, which probably means a lottery pick next summer too. That pick also counts against your cap.

If we end up with 12 million and you could probably get a good, not quite all star player for that. Not sure what good would that do, we already have a starting 5 full of good, not quite all stars ...
No...to me assuming we will only sign one year contracts. I stated that I suspect we re-sign Hansbrough and Patterson. That was above the $44 million, pushing us to $50ish. If the cap is above 60, that's still $10. Then you decide if the quality of the player you can sign is worth shedding someone to create a bit of extra room.

Yes, you have to count the number of empty roster spots since they will have league minimum cap holds. So, yeah, that's a few million. But we might also shed Novak by then.

Again, the point is, there is some flexibility to get a good impact player as early as 2015.

As for the "not sure what good that would do" to get almost all-star player, are you saying our team wouldn't be better off with Paul Millsap instead of Patterson or Hansbrough? That seems just...wrong to me.
Bill Haverchuck is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote