Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Slam online: Raptors resurgence
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2014, 09:13 PM   #17 (permalink)
KoolAid
If I ruled the world...

Sippin' On Myself

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by moremilk View Post
You also have to count a number of empty roster spots for whatever the amount is, and you assume we will only sign only one year contracts this summer, which probably means a lottery pick next summer too. That pick also counts against your cap.

If we end up with 12 million and you could probably get a good, not quite all star player for that. Not sure what good would that do, we already have a starting 5 full of good, not quite all stars ...
Yup. And those cap holds are the absolute minimum, if you want to have an actually decent bench and not vet min guys, you'll have to add them on. Say we get 3 rotation players for roughly 2 mil each (on the low end if you ask me but I digress) that cuts us down to 8 mil. We'd have 10 players on the roster at that point, and correct me if I'm wrong, but then you gotta add the cap holds for at least 2 players, likely more, and you're ending up with around 6 mil to make a signing. And I don't think you could sign those decent rotation guys after the marquée player since teams that start free agency under the cap are not allowed to use the MLE from what I know.

Last edited by KoolAid; 01-08-2014 at 09:16 PM.
KoolAid is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote