Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Competition for Lowry in FA
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 05:57 PM   #18 (permalink)
Ball Don't Lie
We going to the 'ship!

Representing:

I dont know why so many of you have brought up the Pistons. They aren't going to sign Lowry when they just signed Jennings to a new deal, and Lowry wouldnt sign there knowing he'd be coming off of the bench.

Teams that need a starting PG:

New York Knicks
Los Angeles Lakers
Orlando Magic
Milwaukee Bucks

Teams that may need a new starting PG:

Boston Celtics(If they were to trade Rondo, which IMO is very unlikely since they already have enough cap space and picks for their rebuild from the PP/KG trade)

Sacramento Kings(If Isaiah's contract demand is too high)

Chicago Bulls(If Rose isn't going to be ready immediately, but again, Lowry likely wont go to a situation where he isn't guaranteed to start)

Out of those teams, I only see Orlando and Milwaukee as teams that make sense in going after Lowry. Orlando would go after him because he'd be a great fit on both sides of the ball with Oladipo, and ORL isn't planning to make Oladipo their starting PG, they're playing him at PG this year to give him experience handling the ball to make him a better ball handler in the future, but SG is ultimately his position.

Milwaukee will have roughly 8-10 million available, and I'm sure they have come to realize that Knight isnt a starting quality PG, but better as a 6th man scoring guard. They have shown that they give large contracts to veteran players, and with PG being their biggest need, if they don't draft one, I'm sure they'll be in the market for Lowry, Thomas, and Bledsoe.

So really, we don't have a lot of compettition for him. I think Orlando really is our biggest compettitor as he'd be a great fit with them.
Ball Don't Lie is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote